Thursday, August 16, 2018

Tuesday Elinor 'invited herself' to my farewell dinner that night since I'd missed Karen & Mark's last dinner at her place Monday evening.  After she arrived in the afternoon they called Lucia in Alaska so Hilda could have a video chat with her granddaughter.





Elinor suggested an evening soak I (never did get a soak with Terry, Karen, or Elinor this summer!) but that is never on my agenda except at home when the hot tub is right out back.  But Wednesday morning I did manage to get in a last soak at the apple pool.



This deer was at house to greet me after my walk back.
Obviously she was not the least bit concerned with my arrival.  



I finished packing, then Cynthia took some pix of Terry and me.




I left the same time as Terry and Hilda, right on schedule at 10:00. They were headed into town for a last shop; Cynthia was there for the day, and Cheryl would be arriving that evening to stay to help Steve with Neil after Terry and Hilda leave for Dallas today.  Hilda finally committed to moving in with Terry, so once Terry gets back from the family wedding in Oregon the end of this month work can get started on that!  The plans (for a sitting room, bedroom, and bathroom, off the kitchen) look wonderful.



My drive yesterday was uneventful - except for spilling my entire tublet of trail mix onto the floor of the car right after I opened it.  Sigh.... so much for healthy nibbles on the drive.


I made a stop in Pagosa Springs, where I toured the museum.  There were a number of vintage quilts on display, as well as some arrowheads.



After a stop for lunch and gas I was back on the road again, arriving in Cortez at 4:00.  Fought with my electronic door key (had to get it rekeyed at the office, and still had difficulty getting back in after dinner last night and breakfast this morning.) then vegged in front of the TV before getting a good night's sleep.  I've had a wonderful breakfast and am shortly off to visit Mesa Verde.  Haven't been there in quite a number of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment