Monday, August 27, 2018

Got a good night's sleep Saturday night, and was outside working in the yard by 6:30 Sunday morning.  Raked more of the jungle (and also pulled weeds back there) so both cans are full and out front.  With a little luck all the remaining leaves will fit in them after they're emptied today, giving irrigation a fighting chance to flow freely and fill the front yard on Friday.  


Did have to saw off two of the lowest hanging branches from the orchid tree (which, though leaning at quite the angle, seems to be doing quite well since the monsoon trauma; it's put out a zillion suckers.



Yesterday Patti and I went to see Alpha.  It takes place during the Ice Age, so I guessed there would be substantial snow involved.  Surprisingly, it didn't show up until about an hour into the movie.


Last week I watched a PBS program (taped while I was gone) about The Rockies, and somehow <g> "temperatures of 40 below" didn't sound quite as bad as they should have...


Instead of going out to lunch afterward, we came back here and had some of the leftover grilled chicken and Patti helped me tape up the doll boxes.  And now that the label is sewn onto the quilt, I just have to find something to pack it up in.  I see a trip to the post office in my near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment