Saturday, August 25, 2018

Didn't get a very good rest last night after I watched some TV and then read until midnight (!) I should have been tired, but noises kept waking me up every hour or two.  Many sounded like they were inside the house (scary thought) but I'm guessing it was just wind outside.



Before it got too hot outside today


 I ventured outside to set the irrigation gates, and then raked part of the jungle.  Sure don't want the pass-through blocks to clog up with all the dead cottonwood leaves since our wonderful shade-giving tree in the south-facing front yard needs all the water it can get!  And it would also be nice to keep those mountains of leaves from blowing into the pool...





Also packed up all the dolls and their stuff, managing to get everything into two boxes, and plan to get them on their way to California on Monday.  This weekend I also must sew the label onto Marcie's quilt for Mom so I can box that up and mail it at the same time.  I actually made a run to the post office yesterday to get some birthday stuff off to Lily, but (obviously) had not gotten organized enough.


Did go through the two large boxes of Nancy's stuff that Steve dropped right before I headed to Colorado.  Next I can make arrangements to get that to the 'other' Nancy to take to Busy Bees next month.   Also consolidated all the craft stuff I want to give to Kathi, which I can drop off any time.

Bottom line: LOTS of boxes of stuff should be heading out of here shortly!




No comments:

Post a Comment