Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Delicious dinner, fun conversations last night - and I made sure to get a pic of the three sisters (Terry, Elinor, and Karen) with mom Hilda.



Today was a Town day.  Terry and I completed a lot of errands (I made sure to get a new mouse/plug for my computer, and "somehow" made a couple of purchases at the quilt store) before we met the rest of the gang (Mark & Karen, Elinor, and Hilda) for lunch at the taco place I have been hearing so much about. I ended up getting the first item listed on the menu, and have to agree, it was scrumptious! 



While in town I made a lot of phone calls.  First I called Tom, who is surviving the brutal summer at home - though he definitely is looking forward to escaping to Oregon once I get home to take care of things there. Talked with Mom, and heard all about Alex's surprise visit to Riderwood - which of course she thoroughly enjoyed.  (While Alex was there, lightning struck one of the buildings, which may be the reason why her computer is now down.)  Also spoke with Alex, who reports that Bana is doing well; in fact he felt that she seems much more energetic than when she was in Phoenix over the winter, so it would seem that her new meds are doing the trick.  Last I connected with Marcie, who has been getting a lot of quilting done (I have some binding awaiting me) while being pretty much house-bound due to the heat and poor air quality.  But she did say that her new meds seem to be helping.


Snapped a couple of signs while in town:




After we got the car unloaded and groceries put away, my first order of business was to try out my new wireless mouse.  It looked like there was no plug in the package (despite the picture of one) and once I opened it that seemed to be the case.  Happily Terry found it for me, "hiding" in the battery compartment.  But when I plugged it in, the mouse didn't want to work.  Turns out it's happier if you put the AA battery in facing the correct direction...


Another wonderful dinner, this evening for the eight of us (Elinor brought up their camper, and she and Karen are camping out for a couple of nights) and then we watched the 2007 animated short of Peter and The Wolf.  I see why it won awards - and maybe you heard us laughing!


No comments:

Post a Comment