Thursday, August 9, 2018

Cheryl, one of Neil's part-time caretakers, has been wanting to bring her mother to visit Valley View.  Since Hilda is here now, this seemed like the perfect time.  Betty and Hilda had a delightful visit, and are planning to keep in touch.



I've been hearing about Elinor & Richard's "new" trailer all summer - and lost track of how many times they took it into Salida, trying to work out some bugs with the water heater.  
Here it is at Spot W.


I was really surprised, when I got the tour this afternoon, at how spacious and luxurious it is inside.  The bed is accessible from both sides (something I wanted when Tom and I were looking at trailers) and the bathroom is amazingly roomy.  The couch Hilda, Elinor and Karen are sitting on folds down to become the bottom half of the bed. 



Got a chuckle out of today's e-mail from Tom:
The high was 103 yesterday. I broke out a jacket. 


Tonight's dinner was quite the group project - and I "helped" <G> by staying out of the way!  Everything was delicious, though Terry did question if it was worth all the work.






And look what came with my dessert tonight:


It felt like a block of wood - and it was!


What a hoot - and pretty much nails it!

No comments:

Post a Comment