Thursday, August 2, 2018


Susan Carlson just posted another set (volume 10) of students' quilts.  I am so excited to finally be taking a class from her this winter, and definitely need to start thinking about what my subject will be.  Check out this link to see some stunning examples! 



More unfortunate news from Tom this morning.  His summer has been miserable, and so not surprisingly he was really looking forward to heading up to Oregon in mid-August to collect more rock.  However, despite asking for Tom's help constantly over the past several years (because dealing with the BLM had been a huge part of Tom's job over the years!) Emory never took Tom's advice (usually doing exactly the opposite of what Tom had told him!) and here's the easily predicted result:

To top off July 2018 Emory called me and said the BLM  sent him a cease and suspend all mining activities notification on his claims. I knew this would happen with all the BS he causes. Essentially my life changed with that call. I'll probably never dig fire obsidian again.

No comments:

Post a Comment