Thursday, August 9, 2018

Saw on Instagram that Alex and his buddies pigged out on crabs last night.  
(Too bad I can't snag his pic from there of the mammoth pile of shells.) 


Missed our own annual family crabfest when I was in Maryland this past Spring, but there’s always next year.

 
We did our own pigging out here last night, with Terry’s corn chowder.  (Recently I'd just happened to mention how much I enjoyed it last summer.) After she roasted the ears of corn and poblano chilis on the grill - which certainly smelled delicious all on their own! - she then worked her magic with some additional ingredients.



Wanda had borrowed a quilt book I’d ordered from Sherri. Of course <g> haven’t whipped up any of the projects in it yet, though they are "somewhere" on my list - but Wanda got busy. I’d seen parts of her bag during construction, when it was looking good already, and definitely approve <g> of the finished tote. So cute!




Between Wanda and Marcie I certainly am feeling motivated to get some quilting done when I get home in about a week.  As long I will be hibernating from the heat I might as well get some things accomplished, right?


I'm thinking about (finally!) doing the fruit/vegetable canning jar quilt now that I have just the right place to hang it: on the post-remodel blank wall in the kitchen.  It's a simple block, so it should work up quickly.  


But since I will adjust the number of jars to fit the wall area, I'm guessing I won't be able to use all of my fabric.  The hardest part may be deciding which foods get left out!


IF I can sneak in a session over at The Flying Pig to quilt it, there's a remote possibility it could be finished and hung (!) before Tom gets home from Oregon.  (Wonder if he'd notice?)



Monday night I must have slept wrong, because Tuesday I woke up with a bit of a stiff neck.  Thought it would work itself out during the day, but it didn’t.  When it was still feeling crunched yesterday morning I applied some heat to it, and that really seemed to do the trick for the rest of the day.  So this morning when my neck seemed a bit unhappy again I went right for the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment