Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Obviously won't be doing any yardwork today as I had originally planned, but the good news is that my back doesn't seem any worse today.  Here's hoping Alex can find time in his busy schedule (assume he plans to relax today?) to do that for me before irrigation Friday.  At least the piles are already raked and ready to be dumped into the can, so it shouldn't take him long.



I did get another phone call from Pamela, at the law school, who thought she had things figured out.  But after using the new information, and trying several things which didn't work (same error message) she suggested I call the Help Desk again.


The good news was now that I actually was in the system (Thank you, Pamela!) so Kevin was able to help.  Turns out that the PIN (which stands for Personal Identification Number, right?) the site wanted wasn't a number after all, but a word Andy had set up last year.  Of course each time I try the  "forgot ID" link, it would e-mail me a new 4-digit number to use.... but which never worked. 



Still, the bad news is that I can't find any of Professor Gifford's class lectures on Blackboard.  Andy said classes started last week, so there should  be lectures, right?  And I can't do any of the assigned reading because I'm still waiting for Andy to mail me his text (saving me close to $200... even used law books are expensive!)



Watched some coverage of Senator McCain's arrival at the state capitol this morning.  I may not have agreed with his views on various political issues, but he was certainly a decent, honorable man who spent his life in service to his country and this state.  

This clip shows him during the 2008 campaign, 
defending Obama against a racist voter. 


“I can’t trust Obama. I have read about him, and he’s not, um, he’s an Arab,” a woman said to McCain at a town hall meeting in Lakeville, Minnesota in October 2008.McCain grabbed the microphone from her, cutting her off. “No, ma’am,” he said. “He’s a decent family man [and] citizen that just I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what the campaign’s all about.”


No comments:

Post a Comment