Saturday, August 11, 2018

While Elinor and Hilda were labeling photographs at the kitchen table yesterday, and Terry was working on dinner, I was checking FB and cracking up over a video.  Terry and Karen said it wasn't fair not to share the laughs with them, so they came over to watch it, and did their own cracking up.  


Then we ran it a third time for Hilda and Elinor, 
which is when I got some candid shots of the four of them.




Shortly after that we had a young buck, a couple of does, and a couple of fawns visit.  I didn't get very good pix, but it was fun to see them.




Steve, Karen and Elinor went up to the astronomy pad last night around 9:30 (it was another late dinner, and we had just finished up dessert) for the meteor shower.  It would have been nice - and for a brief second I thought about joining them - but I was already pretty tired.  Tonight is supposed to be even more spectacular (according to Emily, who helps Mark host the sessions) with the "best time" at 2:00 am.  Not likely I will be awake then... at least I hope not!



I got to the Apple Pool around 9:00 this morning - and must have been in-between groups, because for a while I had it all to myself.  So I made use of the opportunity to take a few photos.

Some of the only sunflowers this year:


Lower pool

Upper pool


While I was soaking a doe walked right up to the edge, looking at me as if she was expecting a handout.  When one was not forthcoming, she plucked a leaf from the branch above my head.



Then I pruned out at the Party Pool for a couple of hours, chatting with old friends and making new ones.  I kept expecting Karen and Elinor to join me, but they never quite made it.  (When I got back to the house at noon, they were just getting ready to head up.)



Read a little at the swimming pool (picked up a book at Elinor's yesterday that I am enjoying.)  Judd was blowing up his new toy, and he was happy to let me snap a couple of pictures.  Alex should get a charge out of them since he and the guys have been toting something very similar from state to state.




The gang is going into Saguache this afternoon for a 50th anniversary party for friends Marilyn and Riff, local potters.  (There's also a street fair going on, with live music.)  There have been numerous sightings of a mountain lion in town, though we don't know too many details.  No doubt it will be a topic of conversation at the party.  



I'll stay here with Neil.  Then tonight I'm planning to go down to the ranch.  This week was the  music workshop, Rustic Roots Campfire Jamming Camp, and this evening the (30?) participants will be giving their concert.  We went last year (the first year the workshop was held here) and it was a fun evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment