Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Yesterday I planned to do (at least) 5 minutes on the elliptical.  Though last Friday was first time "in forever" on it, I did manage 5 minutes of cardio - but you know what they say about the best laid plans.  

Because we missed this month's billing deadline when we adjusted my number of sessions, we needed to add a couple.  Should have been easy <g> but (anyone surprised?) Jim ran into computer issues. He tried two different machines before the manager came over to help.  And guess what he said? "It should have worked; never had a problem before."  

Of course I was sitting right next to the computer... <G>   Eventually we got things squared away, but since it ended up taking a good 20 minutes there wasn't time for the elliptical.


When I got home I took advantage of the splendid weather to do more trimming, and also helped Creepy finish up a few miscellaneous spots he'd missed.  So nice to have a sparkling pool again.


In the late afternoon I headed out for a chiro appt.  True to form I left extra early, expecting some traffic that time of day - and which I definitely encountered.  


In fact traffic on the 101 came to a standstill several miles before I-10, so I made an executive decision and bailed off onto McDowell even though that would mean dealing with lights.  Unfortunately I then spent 30 minutes just to travel 2 miles due to an accident, so I was seriously late to my appointment.  


At least had been able to call to let them know - and it doesn't hurt that I have an unblemished track record, virtually always arriving early.  The best news is that I walked out of there nicely adjusted.


I set pintos to soaking overnight for tonight's dinner since Tom thought he'd be on the other side of the Valley all day, and got the crock pot going this morning.  Naturally I was surprised that he was home when I got back from quilting early this afternoon. Turns out he hadn't driven very far this morning when he got word that a migraine had postponed the awaited get-together.  

They're hoping it can happen tomorrow.



The embellishment workshop at Foothills was oodles of fun, and everyone shared their goodies.  Mary came by for a while, and had some very helpful suggestions for me.  Which obviously worked; the ladies really liked my colorful project.




Set my alarm for 4:20 am tomorrow, but it's a good thing I double-checked the schedule.  Irrigation isn't until FRIDAY morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment