Monday, October 4, 2021

 Yesterday afternoon I played around with some scraps and put together another charity baby quilt, which now just needs borders.  Before I'd started I put a new blade in my rotary cutter (always nice when it cuts like a hot knife through butter), but tempered that plus by needing to rip out a seam because I sewed a white-on-white piece with the back side showing. 


At least I noticed it right away, 

and not at the end when ripping would have been a bigger headache!


During the day I also crossed off a few more random chores from my list, including removing the latest artwork (Brownie's nose prints) from the car windows.  


Friday I'd noticed just how bad the back windows were when I sat back there, letting Wanda ride to lunch in front with Tom.  While some people memorialize their dogs nose print, I'd rather look out a clean window. 


  

With our pleasant temps this past week (only making it into the 90s, and one day it actually never made it out of the 80s!) I've actually been driving some mornings with the A/C off and windows or sunroof open!  At the house we've had the doors open in the morning, though we have turned the A/C in the afternoons.


PT is usually mid-morning (at my request) but this week for some reason it's scheduled for mid-afternoon.  That's decidedly not my best time of day, though at least the past several days I haven't needed naps - and even have stayed wide awake in the evenings until past 10.  



On the plus side, it was actually already light out this morning 
when I woke up at almost 7:00.


While I never felt sick after my flu shot, maybe it still was responsible for my lethargy?  Today I'm going to schedule my covid booster for the end of the week when I'll be two weeks out from the flu shot.  

Tom got both of his shots the same day last week, and not only did his arms really bother him for a couple of days, but he also dragged.

Either of those side-effects are a small price to pay for being protected!

No comments:

Post a Comment