Saturday, October 23, 2021

 Yesterday was Sassy's last playdate here since her 'mom' should be returning home today.  It sure has been fun to watch her zoom around with boundless energy, though Brownie hasn't played with her as much as she might have liked.  Still, she's obviously enjoyed herself here.  

Sometimes just to get away from that pesky youngster, Brownie jumped into my lap, or Mary's. 


Of course that only works so well...



I'm continuing progress on my quilt, and the blue blends with the panel perfectly!


FYI When I got on the AQG site yesterday to see about entering my quilt in the show, I discovered a sad conflict in dates; the weekend of the show I expect to be in Maryland with the family for my uncle's 100th birthday celebration.  



This is, of course, assuming that by then
 I'll feel comfortable getting on an airplane.  



Between Covid, and the way idiots are behaving these days, 
that is certainly not a given!





Naturally I'll be very disappointed to miss the big (and always wonderful) show, especially since I'm entering!  But not much I can do, other than task "everyone" with snapping a photo of it on display, having its 15 seconds of fame.



Speaking of 100th birthdays, the last time I saw Ann was for her 100th celebration. (She's now 102.)  This morning, while enjoying my morning soak, I called her and we had a nice, long chat.  We're both hoping I can make it to Maryland for the party in March, when I plan to collect her and bring her to Allen's party. Ann has known him for about 70 years, when she and my aunt were both active in the same organizations.


  Now off to Linda's!

No comments:

Post a Comment