Sunday, October 24, 2021

 I spent much of yesterday over at Linda's.   Although Kingsley (now 11 months old) was not at all happy with a "stranger's" presence, I still enjoyed my time over there; and as always, Linda fed me very well!  (Plus, as a bonus, she sent me home with the rest of her baked-from-scratch coconut dessert.)


I'd taken over my book "quilt" (at least the pieces of it!) for Show & Tell, and was very pleased with Linda's admiring comments.  While there are some things I really need to (finally!) do around the house today, I'm hoping to at least lay out the books around the now-bordered panel to work out the dimensions for their sashings. 



I always enjoy all the quilts gracing her walls; Linda is such an accomplished piecer/quilter!  There are scores of them (and that's not even counting the ones stacked in the cabinet) and they always makes me think I really need to get around to putting up more of mine.  Some of them still <g> need sleeves, of course. 


The majority of Linda's quilts and wall-hangings, though crafted beautifully, are muted and not 'my' colors.  Still there are a number of happily fun, bright ones scattered here and there.






Her handwork is ALWAYS beautiful, like this award-winner.


I am waiting to see her finished sewing-machine one!


Looks like she has a fair number of tops waiting their turn...


and of course Kingsley does keep her very busy!



Tom is moving better, but still under the weather.  He must have dozed off in his recliner for quite some time yesterday, because when I arrived home (after being gone five hours) his first comment was, "You weren't gone very long."

No comments:

Post a Comment