Tuesday, October 5, 2021

 Tried to make my covid booster appointment yesterday. The guy at the pharmacy had me give him all my info before he informed me that the reservation system was down and I'd need to call back.  Will try that today.



Creepy cooperated yesterday, so I got the pool cleaner than it's been in a while. That, coupled with irrigation this afternoon, meant that we were likely to be the part of Phoenix that got the predicted  'scattered rain' and wind.  Sure enough during the night there was thunder and lightning, accompanied with rain.  Though it's not raining at the moment, there has been thunder and lightning so we could be getting some more.



 I took Brownie outside in hopes of getting him to take care of business while it wasn't actually raining, but he scooted right back inside.  There had been mention of hail in the forecast, though I haven't seen/heard any evidence of that - but it was quite cool out this morning. 

I finally got to speak with Eliza (in Maryland) in hopes of making arrangements to get Mom's ashes to Andy.  It's been frustrating, and I see why Andy decided to "let" me take over those arrangements.





My finger is totally bruised/discolored today, and even more swollen.  I did try lubricating the ring last night to get it off, but (as expected) that didn't work.  At least the ring still twists, so that's a good thing - but I would feel better if the swelling would go down a bit.

It rained lightly on my drive home from the gym, and later came down pretty hard - but at least it had stopped before it was time for irrigation.  Alex popped over to pick up his packages just as I was about to head over to do that, and he offered to take care of it for me. (Tom was gone for the day.) 



I made up the deviled eggs, so I'm all ready for the salad pot luck tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment