Monday, October 25, 2021

 Yesterday turned out to be a series of disappointments.



By 10-ish I had the left side books sewn together - but it's a VERY good thing I laid it out to admire it before I started ripping off the paper, because it was too short!   "Somehow" I'd cut all the sashings 3" (like the end sashings) instead of 5" for the two middle ones. 


Which would have been an easy fix - 


except for the fact that I was out of the turquoise fabric.


Though I'd already realized I'd need to buy more before I could finish the top/bottom rows, I really expected (and wanted!) to finish the sides yesterday.


Once TOQS opened I called Sherri - but she was out of stock.  The fabric department at 35th Ave didn't answer their phone, so Mary and I took a chance and drove down.  Despite having an entire labeled section of Riley Blake fabric they didn't carry the Shabby line.  We also drove to Mulqueen's and Quilted Bear - but both were closed on Sunday.

So we ended up <g> at 31 Flavors where I drowned my sorrows in ice cream.


At home I placed an order on-line, hoping that I chose the matching shade.  

The number on the selvage is for the whole line, which (is anyone surprised?) contains two shades of turquoise: peacock and azul.  And as we all know, colors in photos 'sometimes' <g> are not true.  


The fabric should arrive by the end of the week, when I'll know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment