Monday, October 4, 2021

More pool and yardwork this morning.  There's always a lot to do, and I'd like to get as much done as possible before raking season gets into full swing. 


 
Pauly saw me working in the yard and came by to see how the new light fixture is working (great!) and offered to do more stuff around here for me.  I told him that's not necessary (and I'd be in even more trouble with Tom and Alex if I asked him!) but he said he really wants to help.  When his mom Rita stopped by the other day (on her way home to Tucson), she mentioned how much of a help he'd been to her around her house.



Think I sprained my finger when I went to take down the hummer feeder out front and toppled off the low wall.  This was the first time I've tried standing on it, and when I leaned toward the feeder I lost my balance. Luckily I broke my fall with my hand and didn't aggravate my foot, but the ring finger on my right hand is unhappy. 


"Probably" should have removed my ring right away - and now with swelling that's impossible.  At least the ring itself hasn't gotten tight enough to cut off circulation , but I will definitely keep a close eye on it today.  



Greta (from Canada) is visiting Alex, and stopped by this morning to say hi and deliver some goodies she brought for us.  Last time she visited she enjoyed looking through our photo albums (baby Alex was sure adorable) and mentioned that during this visit she's hoping to get to see some of our home videos she's heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment