Friday, October 22, 2021

Today was another 4:30 morning, but at least that gave me time to accomplish most of the mucking, straightening, porch-sweeping, and other pre-cleaner chores before they arrived promptly at 8:00.

Tom appeared briefly for coffee.  He didn't feel any worse, but not any better either - and said he didn't sleep well.  He went back to bed, and even though the cleaners skipped that bedroom and bathroom today I doubt he was able to sleep with the vacuum and other noise.


The pool guy came while the cleaners were here, and so did Pauly, to hook up a 'new' DVD player for us.  Haven't tried it out yet, but hope it works so we can all laugh at Baby Alex videos when he and Greta get back from Vegas.


As soon as the cleaners left I zoomed to the gym, thinking I was late (and had given Jim a 'heads up'.)  But it's Tuesdays that my session is at 10; on Friday's it's not until 10:30.  And no, this wasn't the first time I've made that mistake - but should be the last; it turns out Jim's Tuesday client is willing to trade time slots, so now I will have a consistent 10:30 time to help my feeble brain.

Since I was early I did 5 minutes on the elliptical, first cardio since my accident!  And when Jim's 10:00 client never showed, I actually got to start about ten minutes early.


I'd originally planned to donate blood today to help with the shortage - but since I am on dinner duty again tonight (and for the foreseeable future) I figured I'd better wait in case that makes me drag.  (Which it used to, 'back in the day'.)


 It's been a long time since I've donated, so what's another week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment