Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 Brownie gave me quite a scare today!


He wasn't around the latter part of yesterday, and when he hadn't shown up by bedtime I assumed he was having a sleepover at Alex's.  This morning I put his breakfast in his bowl for whenever Alex got up and brought him over, but when he hadn't shown up by the time I got home from the gym I started to wonder.  


So I took a load of freshly washed towels over to the back house, only to learn that Brownie had never been there.  Since he's a homebody I knew that even if someone (like the exterminator) had left the gate open Brownie wouldn't have run off (unless possibly to chase a cat or bunny.)  


Since he wasn't wearing his harness, even if he had strayed far from home and someone had found him they'd have no way of getting him back home.  

But my real fear was that a coyote had gotten him.  


I was just getting ready to hop in the car and cruise around and look for him when it dawned on me to check and see if he'd gotten trapped in Lily's room.  


Because there he was!  

Wouldn't you think he might have barked to let us know his whereabouts?


Despite being cooped up for a LONG time there didn't seem to be any surprises in there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment