Sunday, October 31, 2021

 I got quite a scare at bedtime last night...  

but not the Halloween kind!


I was just about to crawl into bed when I noticed an intruder in the bedroom: a largish scorpion near the bed, lurking bed-height in the 'crack' where the two walls meet.  I got Tom for a consultation, and he agreed that my idea to suck it up with the vacuum was likely the best way to go.  


Happily that worked fine - but of course it did set me to wondering... 

how many friends it might have brought along!



The good news is that I made it through the night unscathed.


Which, by the way, is more than Alex could say yesterday.  He took a spill on his bike in which he shredded a favorite pair of shorts - and is now dealing with a case of road rash on his buns.



Luckily nothing too serious, unlike like the "neck wound" he was sporting when he stopped by last evening for some Elmer's glue to work on his costume for a party.  I thought it already looked quite realistic (and better than this one) but he still wanted to improve on it.



It's still dark out, so obviously I still have the whole day yet ahead of me.
  



I'm excited to get the next two rows of books finished and attached.  And who knows?  After that I could even move on to the borders, and actually finish the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment