Thursday, February 28, 2019

:

Today has been a good day.  



My visit with the oncologist (actually her PA; she had to fly to India yesterday for a family emergency) was the usual "boring" one: as usual all my labs/markers are good.  


I had gotten there early for my 10:45 appointment, but despite a filled waiting room they actually took me early, so I was out of there before 11:00.



On the way home I stopped at the Flying Pig and picked up some of Cindy's colorful thread scraps for the suet feeder.  I'm sure the nest builders will find uses for all of it.  


And on Sunday I expect to collect some roving from Perri.



Alex didn't go snowboarding today after all.  So first we went out of lunch (tried the Poke Bar, which was delicious; I'll definitely go back!) and then headed to the animal shelter.  Right before we got there I saw SAS, so we stopped and I picked up some blue ribbon for Latina, and a couple of buttons for a shirt "project".


Alex had never been there before, but I'm pretty sure he has 'filed it away' 
for the next time he needs a costume!



And then it was off to the day's Main Event.  Walking past the various cages at the shelter I saw a couple of possibilities, but once I spotted Mr. Brown I knew I needed to check him out.  


We took him into the Meet & Greet Room, and I was definitely taken with him.  





Long story short, he has joined the family.  He's very sweet, though doesn't seem to know how to play.  Pretty sure we can fix that!  Of course he likes the yard - but he was really reluctant to come in the house.


No doubt <g> I will be posting lots more pix in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment