Monday, February 25, 2019

I'm done weeding for the day.  


Despite spending considerable time out front, and almost filling up the just-emptied trash can, there is still a sizeable patch left to go.  And speaking of patches, I found a patch of nasty goatheads trying to get a foothold by hiding beneath the larger weeds.  



While I was weeding, Terry (the irrigation zanjero) stopped by.  Would you believe that he's been getting a hard time from some folks who are incensed that we aren't getting irrigation this week?!  Apparently they plan to attend the next board meeting and kick up a fuss.  


The ground is still so saturated from our recent days of heavy rain it can't hold any more, so why is cancelling irrigation an issue?

 

A little later, while I was still weeding, Edie stopped by to deliver the thermorest that I'd left behind on Friday evening.  While I did seem to be missing one, I hadn't realized I hadn't brought it home with me.  Since I have three of them it wasn't really an issue, and I figured it would turn up.  And it did!



Now that it's 2:00 (in the past that's proven to be a non-busy time at the lab) I'm off to get my blood drawn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment