Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Despite Tom's thoughts, rainy days have always been when I get a lot of housecleaning done.  So it was quite a productive morning. 



In the afternoon I took a pile of jeans that no longer fit (I've been cleaning out drawers and closets, albeit slowly) over to Savers where I then shopped for a top to go with my new feather leggings.  I invited Marcie to join me (she'd never been) and she shopped for a warm sweater or jacket.  The place was mobbed; turns out that they were having their Presidents Day Sale, and everything was half price.   


So it took us considerably longer than I'd expected, but it was quite successful since I came home with a dozen tops and a wonderful shirt/capri set... and only spent $45.



Yesterday I watched the dog show (which aired on Sunday night) that Mom had let me know about, where rescued dogs competed in the first of five categories:  belly rubs, smiling, short & sweet, senior dog, and snoring.  


The snoring segment was a hoot! 



Last night was the second half of the competition (couch potato, underbite, talking, special needs, and wiggle butt) but two of my regular shows were recording so I couldn't access a third. 



I save our gallon water jugs for one of our neighbors, and when I've gotten several I drop them off on his front porch.  (His big dog is never happy with that, and I always worry he's going to come through that big picture window.)  Yesterday Dave dropped by with a gallon he had refilled with OJ from their tree; great trade!


 We chatted for a while.  He and Neva are getting ready to do a kitchen remodel, and thinking about going with the same people we used.  We were very happy with Diamond, and it turns out that other friends of theirs have also recommended them. 



I was cold all day yesterday, so the chili and cornbread that Marcie dropped off yesterday really hit the spot for last night's dinner.



Didn't get as much sleep last night as I would have liked... 
though when has that happened lately?



At least my quads are recovering and doing much better.  Of course it'll be upper body at the gym today, giving my legs even more time to rest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment