Monday, February 18, 2019

In theory I directed Alex to choose where we went to dinner last night.  But then I did put a bug in his ear about Shabu; I was cold all day, and soup sounded like a great plan. 


Of course to quote him:


I suggested going in his new truck, with the proviso that my quads and I would get a little assistance climbing in.  Using a milk crate was a big help!


It really is a very nice truck - and the large screen (which connects to his phone) has lots of handy help.  I approve of his choice.



Alex and I thoroughly enjoyed our do-it-yourself soup (Tom ordered an entree from the menu.)  As always it was delicious (we picked all the best things to add in) though the lemongrass base was quite tangy, and just at the limit for me.  While we certainly pigged out, we did have some left over to bring home for lunch today.  


And  "somehow" we even managed to save a wee bit of room 
for their scrumptious beignet dessert!



The predicted weather arrived some time last night after I went to bed, and I woke to rain this morning.  Soup will be perfect for lunch!



Alex doesn't have to head to California until this afternoon, and had planned to go shooting with a friend this morning.  Those plans may have changed...?



I have nothing on my agenda, so hope to get in some mucking and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment