Sunday, February 24, 2019

I got 6 hours sleep last night, twice as much as the night before.  So even though I've been up since 4:00 I can't really complain, right?    


Plans for today include finishing up my quilt binding and then at least starting on the sleeve.... and maybe a soak?!


I probably should add pulling some weeds (once the sun comes up) to that list.  It's supposed to be a nice day and I'm pretty sure <g> the ground is still wet!  The mallow weeds are never easy, and with all the precipitation over the past several weeks unfortunately we have a bumper crop this year. 


They definitely turn into major issues, with heavy-duty stalks, quite quickly. 
So the more I can pull out while the ground is fairly cooperative the better!



Yesterday's PVP quilt show was very enjoyable... at least once we got there.  MapQuest showed it was a straight shot up RH Johnson from Bell, and I knew where that was.  But alas it didn't take us there.  Good thing Marcie's smartphone was able to help.



There was quite the crowd - and the aisles were narrow - which made viewing and picture-taking somewhat difficult. NEXT time I'm going to take Linda's suggestion and go on Sunday morning, before the church crowd arrives.



I snapped 180 photos - though admittedly a large portion of them were the blurbs, with info including the quilter's name.  Thanks to a nap yesterday once I got home, I actually was able to resize and crop all of them last evening!  So at the end of this post I will start sharing some of them.

  

FYI even though ALL those blurbs included the usual admonitions for viewers NOT to touch the quilts (that's what the white-glove ladies are for!) I had to gently explain to one man not following that request that oils from hands would soil the quilts. He seemed quite surprised.



Afterwards Linda joined us for lunch... once I finally made it out of a residential area! I went around the same "block" three times trying to find my way out of there.  (My car's GPS, in need of an update, was NO help so again Marcie's phone saved the day.)  We had to laugh when road construction near the restaurant sent us a seriously convoluted way.



Lunch was good, though it took a while to arrive (and sadly mine came cold.)  Good thing I asked Linda when she had to pick up Zahn. We were having such a nice time that she sort of forgot she needed to pick him up at 2:30!



And now the first batch of pictures from yesterday's show!



This sign was a nice touch.  


I'd suggest all quilt shows display one like it.



Linda's quilt took the blue ribbon in the applique category!  There were quite a number of entries in that category, but she does exquisite needle-turn, so it wasn't all that surprising.  :-)



This was yesterday's Featured Quilter:





bell on the schoolhouse

deer head on the cabin

weather vane on the barn

and more fun embellishments.




It's always hard for me to pick just one for Viewer's Choice.  While some go for the most impressive, I vote for the one I would take home with me if I could.  And that turned out to be Stephanie's.  



Of course the batiks colors she used spoke to me, and her workmanship is excellent.  (Linda, Marcie and I agreed that her quilt was better than the quilt that took the blue in that category.)



I also really liked this one of Stephanie's - and was glad to see that at least in this category she was awarded the blue ribbon she deserved.




Karen's quilt was also in the running for my vote -


The colors are more intense than my photo indicates. 
And just look at that quilting!



Now that it's light I'm going to take a break and see how the tub fared after the constant barrage of rain it's been through.  Hope the heater has been able to keep up with the cold temperatures!


No comments:

Post a Comment