Saturday, February 2, 2019

Stubby has been winning ribbons in his puppy class each day.  Of course given the impressive stats of his father, Nate, it's not all that surprising.

(Dalmatian Club of America/Best of Breed; National Championship Dog Show/Best of Breed; 2 additional Best in Show; 9 additional Specialty Best in Show; 19 more group ones; 103 more Best of Breed) 


Today Marcie and I, with Latina in tow, went to a dog agility competition.  I wasn't dressed quite warmly enough, but otherwise we had a great time.  (We did miss having Mom with us this year, but maybe next year?)   Latina was a major hit.  A group of girls who had been competing in horse trials in another part of the park were completely enamored with her, and adopted her for part of the afternoon.  Most of cars in the parking lot had stickers or decals relating to the sport.  This one made me smile, and think of Flip and Taffy.  :-) 



I made up a crock pot of beef stew this morning (Tom knew he'd want to visit with Wayne, flying in from Florida today, instead of cooking) and used a brand new knife from the colorful set Marilyn sent over the holidays.  I thought I was being careful, remembering Dad's admonitions about knives, but somehow managed to slice off the pad on my index finger.  Of course it bled like a stuck pig, for a long time.  So you'd think I would have been even more careful after that... but before long, I managed to stick another finger on that hand, though that wasn't nearly as bad.



Then I got out the bread maker, but didn't have enough flour so had to make a run down the street for some.  Set it to be ready at 6:00 tonight (I thought!) but when I got home from the agility trial it hadn't started its thing.  That's when I remembered that it's on military time.  Once I set it for 18:00 it started right up, though I don't think it's going to be done in time for dinner tonight.  Oh well.  Guess we'll be having those croissants after all, Tom!




No comments:

Post a Comment