Sunday, February 3, 2019

Thought the bread would be ready "sometime" last evening after I started it manually when I got home yesterday afternoon.  It mixed, and the bread rose (boy, did it!) but for some reason never baked.  



Marilyn insisted we try cooking it overnight in the crockpot; after all, what did we have to lose?  So we did.  


I woke up at 3:20 this morning (never did go back to sleep, despite popping a pill) to the aroma of bread.  The outside got a tad burned in one corner, yet it was still somewhat doughy inside.  Of course that didn't stop Marilyn or me from chowing down.  


I've started another batch this morning, 
mainly to check and see if the bread maker still works.



Also woke up to the sound of rain, and it's still coming down.  Snowbowl got a foot of snow overnight (and may be getting more today?) But since Alex needs to get ready to blast off for California tomorrow unfortunately he can't make a run up to Flagstaff today.




No plans for today other than to devil some eggs, 
and (in theory) get some sewing done.



Andy called on Friday, driving home from work in a snowstorm.  When I asked how cold it was, he said it was a balmy 24 degrees.  It had been 10 degrees when he got up that morning, and 6 degrees the day before.  I am not sad to hear that Mom is doing so well that I don't need to fly out again right now (I was just there less than 2 months ago) and deal with Old Man Winter.  I was cold yesterday, when temps were in the 60s!



Andy's going to be teaching Torts next Fall, so I'm going to try taking it again.  Didn't get very far this past Fall, but hoping I'll do better next time.

+

No comments:

Post a Comment