Thursday, February 14, 2019

Tuesday night we went out for dinner.  First we tried Valle Luna (always a good place to take visitors) but there was quite a crowd waiting and thus no surprise that there would be a long wait.  We decided to bail, and ended up "across the street" at Touch of Thai.  My scrumptious lemongrass soup turned out to be just what the doctor ordered... and I even had some leftover for lunch on Wednesday!



Quilting yesterday was the usual fun, with lots of laughs - and quite a number of new faces.  One visitor, Jody, did comment that we were definitely "not a stuffy group"!  



I did connect with Janie and was finally able to give her the birdhouse fabric.  (No, I haven't yet done anything with mine.)  Lots of the ladies brought in heart blocks, and Ruth a finished quilt! Donna brought in a whole stack (not all of hers are shown) so we ended up with over 30 to make quilts to keep on hand to gift to members during a serious illness or loss of spouse.  




The Panel Challenge (no, I didn't even get mine started...) had a lot of participation; I think there were 20 shown, and I got some great ideas during the reveal. 

Barb

Dee

Donna

Ellen



Louise


Marcie and Ellen brought their geckos 
from the VOS retreat for Show & Tell...



though I totally spaced out bringing mine.



Mitch got the hot tub painted yesterday, and then started on my additional step.  (A little tough getting in when you have short legs...)  He plans to get that finished this afternoon; this morning he has to be all the way over in Apache Junction by 7:30!  Tom invited him to stay for the smoked brisket dinner last night, so we were 6 around the table.  It was the usual hit (as was the tiramisu Marcie brought for dessert) and Alex of course was sorry to be missing it.  He asked me to save him some, but I have a feeling that the leftovers will likely disappear today!



I had sent Gaylor an e-mail yesterday morning with a couple of requests, and Deb called back at 9:00 to say they were already on it.  What great service!  And although Matt did e-mail the paperwork re Alex that I requested, I couldn't open it in a format that I could send to Marcie to print. But when I called the truck place to tell them I was going to have to get the info by snail mail and thus it would be a few days before I could get it to them, it turned out that Alex had been able to take care of that himself after all.  Glad Marcie and I didn't spend any more time on that than we did! 


However I do need to swing by this morning, on my way to Linda's, for them to get a picture of my driver's license.  (No, Sophie, it's not easier for me to e-mail it.... LOL)



I was up early this morning, at 4:00 - but the good news is that my allergies (a cold couldn't have hung on for weeks, right?) seem to have finally backed off.


Linda was also up early and got the second spot ready for me on Shutterfly, so I've already posted all the Foothills pix I took yesterday... though after I finished today's crossword puzzle.



It's still dark out, but I may go soak shortly and watch the sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment