Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Marcie did get to go with me to Linda's yesterday, when the three of us had a delightful visit.  She got to see Linda's beautiful quilts, and we both got to see their home remodel in progress.  The new cabinets and counter tops are lovely.


I had to laugh at Linda's apology for the "mess".... WHAT MESS?  


Marcie was also able to help her with her Roomba, 
and hope to hear that once it charged it did a fine job of cleaning.  



I picked up Linda's challenge quilt to give to Misha at the retreat, though it's in a stapled bag because I can't know whose is whose for the voting.  (She didn't trust me not to peek! <g>)  Of course that could make it a tad tricky to collect afterward to return to Linda? 


No irrigation today after all; the cycle was cancelled due to the rain.  That means we'll still have to wait to see if the "new and improved" irrigation box (that Mitch heightened 3 rows) is tall enough!


It's been wintery here (yesterday only in the upper 60s) and supposed to get even colder by the end of the week, with nighttime lows around freezing.  Pokey is NOT happy - and can't say I am either!  I have Book Club at Cheri's on Wednesday night, so I'll be "out" in the weather during the chill of the evening.



Alex, whose schedule is always fluid and thus didn't head to CA yesterday after all, joined me for dinner last night for some of the leftover beef stew (which had thickened up nicely) and some of the bread I had baked.  He's not feeling up to snuff (never did go to the gym yesterday like he 'threatened') so I hope he's not getting that crud of a cold that is going around!



Marilyn pushed on past El Paso yesterday, 
and then ended up in Van Horn when it got dark.  



Of course that will make it that much of a shorter trip home today.


Only thing on my agenda (at least for the moment) is the gym, 
so I really hope to get a lot more done around the house.  





No comments:

Post a Comment