Monday, February 4, 2019

Linda called this morning.  She doesn't have Zahn until this evening, so we've scheduled an afternoon visit.  While it'll be wonderful to finally get together and catch up on things, mostly we're running out of time for her to hand off the challenge quilt I'll be taking to the retreat for her on Friday.  



She had planned to go; it's one of the highlights of her year, getting together with friends from around the country.  However she ended up having to cancel this year for a variety of reasons  :-(  though  that was the reason why there was an open slot for Marcie.

  


Marcie is invited to come with me today, and will join me IF she gets home from the car dealership in time.  Despite replacing numerous components she still does not have a functioning horn!  That worries me, because how else do you alert texting drivers that they've drifted into your lane?!



So it won't be quite the lazy day around the house that I envisioned. <g>  



However I have gotten a great start on my List.  Took care of getting van insurance for Alex (just under the wire!) and also talked to the bank and have 'nudged" them for my updated credit card; the current one expires next month.



Have also done laundry, run/emptied the dishwasher, changed bed linens, done a little bit of weeding, etc.  Of course <g> I haven't gotten around to everything on my list, but at least I'm making a substantial dent and feeling productive. 



Finally connected with Mom yesterday.  Turns out she was enjoying a 2-hour lunch with her friend Sue when I tried to get her on Saturday afternoon.  (Sue had been in the hospital/rehab for weeks, and about the time she got out Mom went in.  Bad timing!)  Mom's doing well, and seems okay with my not flying out in a week... and I'm (more than!) okay about not having to deal with Old Man Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment