Thursday, February 21, 2019

Enjoyed my morning at Busy Bees yesterday - and the ladies enjoyed my Show & Tell.   But it was Sharon's applique quilt (for a new grandchild) that elicited the big awww moment.


A number of cute charity quilts came in using an easy "pattern" from the last Charity Day Sew. Maybe I'll get around to making a couple this year!




Quite a few of the ladies commented that they were glad to see me back.  I'd missed the January meeting because I was at the Susan Carlson class in Tucson, and had missed the December meeting because I was in Maryland visiting Mom.  There were a sizeable number of inquiries as to how Mom is doing (I'd missed the holiday party in December, so everyone knew I'd gone to "check up" on her), and I was very happy to report that she's doing much better these days.



At the January meeting they passed around the hostess list for the year, and since I wasn't there, "someone" signed me up for next month.  <g>  I usually sign up for September, but it doesn't really matter.  



Betsy has arranged for lots of projects/classes/challenges/swaps this year.  One of them will involves half split half square triangles and bird-in-the-air blocks.



Murphy's Law: I'd brought the pill bottles that had been piling up, but Mel wasn't there because she had a doctor's appointment.  I'd brought the quilt post cards Ami gave me at the retreat, but Louise wasn't there because she's down with a bug.  What I forgot to bring was the bag of miscellaneous material for Peggy - which I realized as soon as I saw her.



While I was working on my binding I discovered that Nancy didn't know how to do it, so I gave her a mini-tutorial.  She's looking forward to trying it, once she gets her machine back.  I got my binding finished except for a little section where the binding didn't "catch" far enough in.  Once I correct that I can finish up and then slap on a sleeve.



Shortly after lunch Matt called; my car was ready to be picked up so I headed over to make the switch.  (I put a whopping 60 miles on the loaner in the week that I had it.)  He did take off some of labor charges, but it was still quite a hefty bill.  However except for replacing the starter a few months ago, I really haven't had any issues.  




For dinner last night we finished of the last of the yummy smoked brisket, 
in burritos.  Sure were tasty!  



Last night Tami and I finally got to chat on the phone (for over an hour!) and catch up on everything from the past few months.  


Their trip to Germany to visit and meet the rest of their new-found family was a success.  She didn't get her table runner quilted by Easter of last year, and this year is looking iffy because her old sewing machine died.  For what it's likely to cost to get it repaired, I suggested she might as well just buy a new one.



I had thought about driving to Havasu for the bluegrass festival coming up soon, but that's not going to work out.  However there is one in Marana next month, so if it ever warms up <g> that's definitely a thought!




While searching for the appropriate pix for this post, I came across this chuckle.  I'm fairly sure all parents can relate!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment