Thursday, February 14, 2019

Never did get in a soak today because about the time I was ready to head out at first light it was raining... and that continued all day.  Still raining tonight!



Ran a bunch of errands, starting with delivering the washed tiramisu glasses to Marcie.  Saw the latest pattern she's going to do.  It'll be another stunner!  Stopped in at Home Depot to look for a couple of towel/robe hooks for the hot tub posts, and found one I really liked.  Unfortunately there was only one in the drawer (even though inventory said they had 5 in stock) but they should get more in at some point.  After taking care of the last bit of business re Alex's new truck, my next stop was Bed, Bath, & Beyond and at long last we now have a functional butter dish.



Then off to Linda's.  I almost forgot her quilt (my principal reason for driving over today) because for some reason I had set the bag by the front door, and of course I go out a different door to the garage.  Their remodel job has been a nightmare (the handyman turned out to be not so handy!)  I'm hoping that Mitch's quote for fixing all the mistakes will be within their budget - though at least I can vouch for the fact that his work will be flawless!



After a delightful lunch we stopped in at Bob's - where I actually found Hoffman batik to match the marmalade hummingbird fabric.  I'd called Sheri yesterday to find out the line, and she is ordering a marmalade bolt which should be in next week - so I'll have two matching fabrics.



On my way home I stopped in at Acura to see about power steering fluid - but the bad news is that isn't the problem.  Back in December, when I had the starter replaced and the brakes done right before my trip to Maryland, they listed other issues that needed to be addressed (like the rack and pinon steering) but could wait until after the holidays.  But between my couple of quilting trips, company, and being sick I never quite got around to making that appointment.  So things have gotten worse, which means I may also need a new pump.  They sent me home in a loaner, and I still haven't gotten word on how bad it is.  But the total bill for the worst case scenario was very steep.



Dinner at Valle Luna tonight, where despite the packed parking lot we were seated right away.  Unfortunately my chicken chimichanga dinner came stone cold (not the usual) so while Tom and Wayne started in on their dinners I waited for a new meal.  Which, when it came, was yummy (and they comped my meal.)

Tired - it's a long day when you start at 4:00 - so I think I'll go get ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment