Wednesday, February 20, 2019

It was nippy when I headed to the gym yesterday, just 45 degrees at mid-morning.  Not only was it predicted to reach just 55 by the afternoon, but there were fairly serious freeze warnings for  last night.  Have to admit that I was a little surprised when I pulled into the driveway and saw a (painted lady? monarch?) butterfly fluttering about on the Wandering Jew plants out front.  I only had my cell phone with me, which doesn't zoom, so this is the best I could get before it flew off:



At noon I walked up to Shelley's to get my hair cut, so I got to admire the creative coverings on the cactus in Jeanne's yard up close (of course I have noticed them driving by.)  Cups on the cactus blooms have faces drawn on them, and the tall cactus is dressed in a shawl and hat.  


Guess these had too many cups to decorate!



Tom and I started a jigsaw puzzle last night, nine colorful quilts hanging in front of a house.  Since I had to cut the seal on the box I'm pretty sure <g> it still has all the pieces.  But when I got back to it this morning (up at 4:30) and sorted all the remaining pieces, it sure seems like we're missing a few.



Off to Busy Bees later this morning.  I'm bringing my binding to work on (and possibly even finish?)during the meeting, and also have remembered to also pack my colorful gecko for admiration.  Naturally it's always more fun to have something(s) to share at Show & Tell.  And the show quilt is even a UFO... from 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment