Saturday, February 23, 2019

Could not get warm yesterday, despite being dressed in a thermal shirt, warm sweater, and hanging out under a heavy afghan.  So instead of walking to Edie's in the evening I "let" Tom drive me.  It wasn't until I walked in that I realized I'd left my potluck contribution at home in the fridge.


So I called Tom to ask him to shuttle it over.  When he didn't answer, I figured he'd left his phone at home and gave him a couple of minutes to get parked and inside the house.  Still no answer, though I called several more times at 5 minute intervals and let it ring.  When I got home later (Peaches dropped me off) I asked why he hadn't answered his phone; he pulled it out of his pocket to check and it didn't show any missed calls.  

  

Big crowd at Bunko last night (five tables) and with 13 wins instead of my usual 9 wins/9 losses I figured that I'd be going home with the winner's share of the pot.  As it turned out JT snatched that victory from me with his 14 wins.  


As often happens there were several extra participants for LRC at the end of the evening, so that was a sizeable pot.  Since I was holding 1 of the last 2 dollars (!) I thought I might be going home richer than I came after all... but sadly my dollar ended up drifting left, and eventually Edie won. 



Though I've been sleeping better the past several nights, last night I didn't head to bed until after 11, and then couldn't fall back to sleep after my 3:00 bathroom run this "morning". 



Today Marcie and I will be heading over to Sun City West for the Palo Verde Patchers' quilt show.  I always enjoy it, and will share pictures - though probably will fade once I get home today so I'm guessing pix won't be resized, cropped, or posted until tomorrow.



We've definitely had our share of Three Dog Nights lately.
 

Here are just some dog quilts from Susan Carlson's weekly Saturday post: 
Finish Line #18: Three-Dog Nights


Shannon Conley started her Bentley the Rainbow Dog 
in a March 2018 class.


Here it is all finished!




And here's one Shannon did at home on her own.

Missy used to ride on the back of my partner’s motorcycle. She was the “cool” dog in town. She actually hated the goggles, but liked the motorcycle!





Vicki Conley’s Devil Dog Gibby 



Wanda Rains: My female dog, Ty, is always mistaken for a boy, so the quilt’s name, “She’s a Girl,” and the pink toenails, seemed appropriate.


Cher Solis’ pup Rocco is an all white fellow, 
but Cher immediately turned to color — my kinda gal.



Paulette Hawkins' portrait of her dog Sir William:






This is what my roomie, Barb Poston, worked on at the January class in Tucson - and now all finished.



I haven't worked any more on Echo - though I did finally get around to ordering the sisal mesh I plan to use for creating the fluffy fur illusion around her edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment