Saturday, March 24, 2018

Yesterday I finished binding the goodies for Sandy's birthday package, and then found a couple of other items stashed in my Gift Drawer to add.  Got everything wrapped and packaged mailed off yesterday afternoon, so it should arrive well in advance of Sandy's big birthday on Thursday.



Late in the afternoon I finished the pig towel - despite having to rip out again and again; I was definitely tired.  Once it was completed I was a tad confused about why it's not centered, but looking back at the pattern I realized <sigh> I hadn't counted correctly when I marked the center of the pattern.  OOPS!  


Hope Cindy likes it anyway!



 Pokey spent yesterday morning excavating a huge hole against the side of the house, unfortunately right up against the pool pump equipment.  (I thought she might be getting ready to lay some more eggs, but that didn't seem to be the case.)  In between somewhat unsuccessful attempts at trying to teach Latina to chase her new pint-size Frisbee (though it's still pretty big and heavy, compared to her) I raked and swept the dirt back in.  Tom needs to collect a large rock (Mike and Marcie have an abundant selection from which to choose!) to cover up that one spot where we really don't want Pokey to dig again.



When I picked up Marcie for Bunco yesterday I got to see their new "grass" that was recently installed between the house and pool, a welcome spot of green in their dirt desert.  They're still waiting on multiple loads of dirt before they can finish off the rest of the yard, but have already chosen a 12x14 gazebo for Bill to install over that oasis spot, so soon should be ready to enjoy summer in their backyard.


It was a smaller-than-usual crowd for Bunco last night (a lot of the ladies are out of town) but those of us who attended still had the usual fun.  I tied 4 others for Most Losses.  Marcie, who spent much of LRC with no money in front of her, ended up winning!



About to head off to the quilt show, so next post should include lots of pretty quilt pix!





No comments:

Post a Comment