Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Sharon got a call during Busy Bees this morning that her entry won a ribbon, and when I got home I found out that one of Ellen's three entries won a ribbon.  I know a lot of talented people!

And speaking of talent <g>
eventually I was able to copy/paste the pic of Linda's quilt:



During Show & Tell we got to see a number of Dresden Plate projects
from the Bees' most recent class:

Betsy

Carol K.

Louise

Sharon

Susan


Monica brought in a couple of finds.  She bought this happy heart quilt at a yard sale... for $3!  Someone had started hand-quilting it, though hadn't finished.  Deciding she couldn't match the hand stitching, Monica ripped it all out and then machine quilted it.


Monica's husband scored this Drunkard's Path, hand-pieced and hand-quilted, at an auction... for just $80!  It even came with documentation: sewn in the 30s and quilted in the 40s.



Donna won these challenge blocks last year,
and look how nice her finished quilt turned out.



Doris (seated) wasn't in the mood to hold up her quilt for a picture, and Ada (of all people!) gave her a hard time about it and then held it up.



When Marcie (and Latina) came over today we rummaged through my green scrap tub and found a stack of possibles to match the blocks in Wanda's QAYG quilt.



I'm dragging this afternoon, probably because I woke up much too early today.  I've got a busy day tomorrow (with an early start) so I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight.



Linda invited me to go with her to the awards ceremony tomorrow evening, but between being tired today, my early start and full day tomorrow (plus an evening commitment on Friday) schlepping to Mesa just doesn't sound like a very good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment