Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Alex called yesterday, though we didn't get to chat very long; just as I was about to pull into the hot tub store parking lot he got a work phone call he needed to take.  He'd wanted to let me know that he's about to get very busy (one of the biggest Texas schools is on break) and figured he'd call to say HI before he gets swamped. More importantly, he'd also wanted let me know that he likely will be "unavailable" for a while, not able to get a signal due to the heavy influx of students overloading the limited cell capability of South Padre Island.


Sure appreciate his thoughtfulness - and told him so. 


Before he left on this assignment he'd told me about the new (unpopular) work policy that is forcing the guys to take a day off each week - without pay, of course. His feeling is that if they're on the road and away from home they'd rather be working - and paid!



I know he's planning to go sky-diving again on his day off.  At least if I don't hear from him I'll do my best not worry and instead to blame it on faulty cell phone service!



The store I visited turned out to be another Hot Springs outlet, so there wasn't really anything new for me to try out.  Mike's price for 'my' model was $500 more than Shayne's, but we did discuss the possibility of price reductions should one arrive with cosmetic defects.



I cooked dinner last night, grilling two of the T-bones that we'd gotten as a holiday gift from Andy and Sandy.  Dinner turned out amazingly well, and everything even came out ready at the same time. Tom enjoyed his steak - and naturally was happy to be off of KP duty for the night.



In the evening we played more Rummikub, and I won all but one of the games.  However the one he did win caught me holding the wild card, which helped to even up the score substantially.

No comments:

Post a Comment