Thursday, March 8, 2018

For a day with nothing on the agenda, my afternoon sure filled up.  On my way to 35th Ave. I called Perri (we haven't been able to connect for ages) and she was actually home.  She quickly decided that lunch and then a trip to buy thread sounded like much more fun than working on her taxes.

  

We lunched at nearby Las Glorias (always a fine idea) and both ate too much (not quite such a fine idea?)  Though neither one of us ordered what we usually do, both of us were quite pleased with our selections.  I had the Thursday lunch special, a chicken chimichanga, which was delicious - and huge.



While waiting for our meal, one of the cleaning ladies on Bella's crew came in.  Never have learned her name, but she is always so cheerful - and absolutely adores Alex.  She doesn't speak any English, but despite my very limited Spanish I did understand that since I had last seen her, her son had been in a serious accident, so of course  gave her a big hug.  A little later she came back over with our waitress to interpret, which is when I learned that her son (35, with five children) had died in the accident!  Such incredibly sad news - NOTHING worse than losing a child!



35th Ave. was a happening place, with lots of ladies there buying thread.  I was disappointed that there was no black left, but did pick up a spool of dark brown, and one of orange... and (amazingly) nothing else!  (Perri bought five spools, and a bag pattern.)  Over lunch we tried to figure out a date for her to come over and sew again since she enjoyed it so much last time - but the few openings she had didn't work with my schedule.  We will keep trying!



Marcie had called while I was waiting in the (long) line to check out, and as soon as I got home I let her know the park was open.  <g>  Before she and Latina arrived, Bill called to say that he had finished early for the day, and wanted to come over to see about the hot tub.  Long story short: he's going to dismantle it tomorrow (instead of "in a couple of weeks") so Tom drained it.


Marcie brought over my latest Amazon Prime order, a bag holder (which works as well as I had hoped) and Sprayway from her trip to Costco.



Wanda texted as I was leaving Perri's to see if I wanted to go with her tomorrow up to Carefree to pick up one of her quilts.  That would be fun, except after I get home from the gym I'll be dog-sitting.  She suggested I just bring Latina with me. 



Cheri called to let me know that Myra had responded to her inquiry, and has a copy of the book available to loan out.  I called Myra, and will be picking it up on Saturday morning.  That gives me plenty of time to get it read, and it'll be close enough to the meeting on April 4 that it should be fresh in my mind.  Too often I've read the next book right after a meeting, so by the next meeting two months later too many other books have intervened.



No comments:

Post a Comment