Thursday, March 29, 2018

It was an uneventful annual check-up with GP this morning.  I had hoped to be able to schedule an appointment (for her to administer a local and dig the remainder of the thorn out of my pinkie finger; I've been working at it for almost 2 years.)  Turns out she doesn't do that - and says it may have developed a cyst and I need a  hand surgeon.  At least I know a good one!

 Picked up a couple more books at the library, and then stopped in at Ace for another "box" of mouse poison for the car.  The first one we taped in there, after discovering a rodent nest on the battery, was chewed to pieces and the block of poison gone.  Assume that critter is no longer with us - but of course there could be more than one rodent around.  Definitely don't want my wires, hoses, belts, etc. chewed!


An impulse purchase at Ace was a hummingbird feeder for the front porch, and it had already attracted business within minutes of filling and hanging.  I do enjoy sitting here in my chair watching them feed.  Also cleaned and filled the triple feeder out back, so hopefully the hummers will also notice that I've done that.



Now for some more quilts from Saturday -


I have a special affinity for star quilts:



Ellen's is gorgeous - too bad colors are washed out in photo.  When she showed it at Foothills, we practically had to twist her arm to enter it!



Notice the Big Dipper?



Some of the critter quilts:

This is the pattern that Patti and tried to do;
we finally gave up after too many mistakes.











Barb won these cute owl blocks at Night Owls:





This wasn't technically in the show, but hung in Gina Perkes vendor booth. 
(Yes I did get permission from her to snap a photo for Mom.)



geometric designs:





and color








a different shape



This quilter did a wonderful job on her Row By Row! 
(I just keep collecting the patterns each summer from around the country...)



This was an incredibly creative political quilt - each block has something that pulls out or unzips - and I would have liked to take a bunch of close-ups, but we had to zoom over to the auction.


No comments:

Post a Comment