Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy Birthday, Marilyn!


Gave her a call this morning to wish her a happy birthday, and caught her on her morning walk with Frannie.  It's antler searching season, though they weren't having as much luck today as they had a few days ago.




Decided to run some errands this morning, and first stop was the bank to deposit Alex's check.  Should also have remembered to get some cash, which I realized at my next stop, the Dollar Store across the street (for exciting stuff like post-it notes, Pokey food, birthday wrapping paper and tape, Band-aids, shower cap, sun block, etc.) I'd planned pay in cash there to speed things up... but upon discovering all that was in my wallet was a $20 I decided not to 'waste' it.  After my final stop at the gas station, it was home to play in the yard, where I filled/cleaned the pool, hosed off porches and watered plants, and hauled out the hedge-trimmer and tidied up everything out front. Stuff has really started to grow, so I guess it isn't that surprising that "somehow" I managed to fill up one of the (almost) empty green cans with all the trimmings.


Lunch was the tasty leftovers from last night's dinner, and now I plan to kick back and relax - and maybe finish up The Baker's Secret.  It was a little slow getting into it, but soon I was not able to put it down. 


From the multiple-award-winning, critically acclaimed author of The Hummingbird and The Curiosity comes a dazzling novel of World War II—a shimmering tale of courage, determination, optimism, and the resilience of the human spirit, set in a small Normandy village on the eve of D-Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment