Thursday, March 22, 2018

Last night I found out that Marcie's quilt won a ribbon at the show!  She's never entered a show before (in fact she'd never even attended a quilt show until I took her to the small one in Wickenburg a few months ago) and it took some 'arm-twisting" to convince her she should enter.  Will be exciting to find out what ribbon her quilt earned!



This morning I arrived 15 minutes early, as requested, for my fasting blood draw appointment.  Surprisingly I was called after just a couple of minutes wait, and was out the door before my scheduled appointment time.  


That meant I had time to pop home and have breakfast (and do a few miscellaneous things around the house) before walking up to Shelley's for my 9:45 hair cut, which I really needed.


Patti usually cuts it, but her foot is not recovering as quickly from her recent surgery as we had hoped, and she'll also be a tad busy this Saturday since she and Gary are about to visit family in Michigan over Spring Break. (I may be shuttling them to the airport early Sunday morning.)



My hair cut didn't take long, so shortly after 10:00 Marcie and I were on our way.  After a quick stop at Gaylor (to drop off the signed forms, pay for the tax prep, and pick up completed taxes and all our paperwork) we played at Modern Quilts.  I 'managed' to find a few things <g> but mostly helped Marcie select fabrics for her next optical illusion quilt.


 After all that hard work we lunched on soup and salad at Outback, which might have counted as a healthy lunch ... except that we also shared the Bloomin' Petals appetizer.  


At least I didn't let her talk me into the Thunder Down Under!



Quite stuffed by the time we left there, we swung by Scottsdale Quilts (still as hard to find as ever) to check out the "big sale" before their upcoming move (for their sake I hope the new place is easier to find!) but neither one of us found anything we wanted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment