Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Gorgeous weather yesterday, in the low 70s.  Unfortunately Mom suffered through our two-weeks of 'winter' - and then headed home on Sunday to cold country, right before Spring arrived.   



I spent hours working in the yard, mostly trimming, and things just keep looking better and better.  It was much more enjoyable than all the stuff waiting to be done inside, and since it was actually productive I felt less guilty procrastinating about all the other stuff.  Today it's going to be in the upper 70s... and then we hit the 80s.  Time to get the yard as spiffed up as possible before it gets hot in the not-too-distant future.



This morning I slept in, until almost 7:00!  Got a lot of paperwork done, bills paid, e-mails answered, appointments made, etc. before I headed to the gym.  My arm/shoulder has continued to heal, so today I risked an upper-body workout.  We did set the machines at lower weights, and I was able to do all of them except one; as soon as I tried that one and felt pain, I prudently decided to skip it.


Nyla called this morning to let me know that there's a quilt exhibit today at her trailer park, which is just a mile or so from here.  She has no idea how many of the residents projects will be displayed, since some years there are more than others.  But it should be fun regardless of its size.


Finally got around to getting a book I've been meaning to read for years,
and am thoroughly engrossed in it.


The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates.  “The chilling truth is that his story could have been mine.  The tragedy is that my story could have been his.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment