Sunday, March 4, 2018

Mom and I were up early this morning, left the house right on schedule at 7:00 am, and experienced no snafus getting to the airport.  Still, we did wonder where all the traffic was heading at that hour on a Sunday morning. 


Happily there was no problem checking Mom in at the curb (though we did have considerable trouble printing a boarding pass last night) or getting her wheelchair assistance to the gate - so I was home by 8:05.  



I was doing some yardwork when Patti called, but (of course!) had no issue with taking a break and popping over there for a visit.  The doctor had re-bandaged her after checking the incisions on Friday, so I still haven't actually seen the aftermath.  But she's walking without much difficulty, and not in any real pain, which suggests that the surgery will not set her back much.  I did remember to take a picture of the hardware, with a saltine for scale.



After our visit I continued with my ubiquitous yardwork.  Mostly I raked buckets of leaves from the small side of the front yard until I basically filled one of the big trash cans.  It's overcast and nippy out today; glad we had perfect weather for the dog show yesterday! Still need to pick up downed oranges out back; they should go a long way toward filling up the other can.  



Just read Mom's in-flight e-mail (she's definitely getting the hang of using her iPhone) saying that Security had confiscated her yogurt (part of the lunch I'd packed her) so she'll "just have to eat more cookies."  Sounds like a good plan to me!
 


When I spoke to Marcie, she confirmed that we wore out Latina yesterday...
because the pooped pooch slept in really late this morning!


  If she musters up the energy to walk over this afternoon <g> we can see if she likes the penguin dog toy her Aunt Bobbi bought at the show yesterday.  


Otherwise, not too much on my agenda.  I'm doing some laundry, paying some bills, and otherwise just catching up on stuff I may have let slide while I enjoyed my time with Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment