Sunday, March 25, 2018

Last night I watched a movie, Gifted, which I enjoyed.  Had thought that being as tired as I was (and not starting it until 8:00) I might not be able to stay awake long enough to finish it.  But not only did I make it all the way through the movie, I ended up reading until 11:00 before I got sleepy.



So of course I was still asleep when my alarm went off at 5:00 this morning - which is when I realized how dark it still is at that hour.  Drove over to Patti's at 5:30 (only a mile away) and then Gary drove to the airport.  I'd brought my iPad with me thinking I'd need to hang out for a while before driving home, but it turned out to be light enough at 6:00 to drive home safely.



Today Dad would have turned 99. 


Miss him every day - but especially on special days like this. 
Did call Mom and chat with her for a while.



It also would have been Steve's 62nd birthday.  I knew today would be an emotional day for Marcela, just one of many "firsts" without him.  Yesterday was the memorial service for her Mom (who died just 4 weeks ago) so it's definitely been an emotional weekend, though she has lots of family around and is handling the stress admirably.  



First errand of the day was a trip to the nursery for some potting soil and plants.   After stops at the bank for cash (keep running out) and the gas station for a fill-up (also seem to keep running low) I had fun puttering around in the yard.  Trimmed the lantana (they always seems to need it) and finally got the huge aloe transplanted into several containers.  Some ended up in a vacated hanging basket, but when I stood on the low wall to place it onto the hook I leaned a little too far.  Somehow (!) when falling over I managed to (JUST!) miss the big spikey palm, and also didn't seem to bruise anything when I landed on the grass.  

Picked myself up and was getting back up on the wall to try again when Tom (who obviously watched the whole thing from his chair) came out and did it for me.  Still have to decide where to put the Mexican Bird of Paradise plant, but the cilantro and the spider plant seem to have found nice spots. 



My long-arm lesson is tomorrow, so I figured I ought to make up the backing for the quilt.  I thought I needed to piece one, but it turned out that I had bought enough yardage so all it needed was ironing.



The quilt show pix are now all resized and cropped,
so tomorrow's post will 'likely' include some more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment