Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wanda came by yesterday to hang out in the "park" with us (and took home some of the green fabrics Marcie and I had culled from my scrap bucket for her QAYG project.)  She and Marcie both admired "my" quilting from yesterday. 


It helped that I'd already ripped out
the drunken sailor basting from both quilts. 


I'd also made up and attached the binding for Gordon's quilt, so maybe I'll get some blind-stitching done on it while we wait for Sharon and Linda at Foothills this morning.  Unfortunately the binding (five WOF strips) jussssst barely meet, so I figured that <sigh> I'd need to cut and add a sixth one.  Happily Wanda, acting as the quilt police <g> gave me 'permission' to just join them as a straight seam (think I can overlap them 1/4"!) 


None of the blues in my stash match the inner border of Sierra's quilt, so I thought I'd need to go shopping for a snippet <g>, but Marcie found a length of already-made bias binding leftover from one of her earlier projects that is a damn close match. 

She and I are looking forward to getting back our quilts this morning and seeing what the judges had to say about them.  Wanda got great positive comments on hers, so it's even more surprising that it didn't capture a ribbon.



Another early wake-up, at 4:30.  But since I crashed EARLY last night I did log almost 8 hours sleep.  I would be happier, thought, if I could just adjust the part of the night when I do that!



Time to post another bunch of quilt show pix since I would like to be done with last weekend's show before I head to the PAQA show this weekend!  So it's off to the main room to view those quilts.




These wonky houses were adorable - and the fabrics she used
are much brighter than my photo would suggest.



There are 154 houses in this one, each sewn from a different fabric. 
Another fun scrappy idea.



Blurb says it took her 75 hours to free-hand quilt this Double Wedding Ring on her long arm!




Cheri's Irish Chain quilt for her husband Bob in celebration of his Irish roots.



Always enjoy reading the background info on the quilts.  This is why you might not want to bring one of the kids with you to a show.... <g>




OOOH - pointing out pretty fabrics!



One day I'll get around to sewing my strings/strips together....



Fun quilt - though Alex texted me back that Tyga's quilt is WAY cuter.



Battery alert - check back later for more PIX.




No comments:

Post a Comment