Monday, March 12, 2018

I collected rocks yesterday from Marcie and Mike's still-unfinished backyard (where there is an abundant additional supply from which to draw if needed) and used them to fill in a (first?) layer where the water enters the backyard.  Over time the flow has resulted in a substantial depression there. 

 

Tom has concerns about the rocks possibly impeding the flow of water and causing a backup - but my prediction is that the water will simply spill over into the yard that much sooner. 


Testing my improvement idea/construction will take place on Thursday during our next irrigation cycle (FYI they've now switched over to the summer 2-week schedule.) Not only does our water assignment occur at a very convenient time for keeping a watch on it, in the late afternoon - but in addition we still do not have to do the gates on 35th Ave.


After beating Tom 3 games in a row at Rummikub last night (and it was his suggestion to start keeping score like Mom and I do) I binged on Season 6 of Doc Martin, finishing up around 11:00 last night.  Still feeling rather wide awake, I took a Lunesta (haven't done that in a while) and read further in The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane (which I am enjoying, despite the title) until I got sleepy.  Then I slept in until almost 7:30 this morning! 


Yes I'm disappointed that the remaining seasons 7 and 8 are not (yet?) available for streaming via Netflix, but at least I can order the actual disks to arrive via mail - which of course I've already done.  Definitely agree that the series is "delightfully quirky" and "enduringly endearing".




Today's agenda includes a visit to the hot tub store on Cave Creek at the 101. Had hoped that Wanda planned to be home instead of gadding about <g>


so that on my way home I could visit - and pick up the Thermorest
that I left behind in her backseat on Friday.


Though it turns out she will be gone most of the day, she's going to leave it behind the screen door for me.  I can never have too many "spare" thermorests in my possession!


No comments:

Post a Comment