Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Dropped off books and DVDs at the library on my way to the gym, and of course there was nothing for me on the Hold shelf - though it's entirely possible (and even likely) that I'll get notification later today that something has arrived.  I chatted briefly with Dave, who had no students in his computer class at that moment.  Unfortunately the class is held only on Tuesdays, from 10 - 11:30, so it conflicts with my gym session and won't work for me.   However if I bring my laptop with me on my next visit, he (or someone else at the desk) SHOULD be able to help me figure out why an e-book (which is the only version the library has of some of the newer books) that I've "checked out" of the library does not appear on my (still "empty") Overdrive bookshelf.



After a reasonable upper body workout I was almost home when I had to stop my car in the middle of our intersection because 'that' tortoise was once again out and in the middle of the street, cruising toward Joy & Dick's driveway.  It took a little time, but I managed to guide it back into their yard while I called Ben (they hadn't actually taken possession of it yet, and also were not home at the moment) and then Joy (who had just been working to tortoise-proof the back pasture a half hour earlier, but <g> guess her plan didn't work.)



The critter definitely has its own agenda!


No comments:

Post a Comment