Sunday, February 14, 2021

Yesterday was a really blustery day, and overcast - like winter!  

But at least it didn't rain. 


Mary and I braved the weather and drove the one block to Patricia's fabric sale in Jeannie's carport.  It's not like I need any more fabric, but it was decidedly wonderful to get out of the house for something other than a doctor's visit - and as an extra bonus I ran into a number of friends!  Perri was there, and Cheri (she asked my advice on figuring out block triangles to set her already-made blocks on point) and a few other familiar faces.


Mary rescued a couple of beautiful fabrics as her birthday gift to herself  ~

and (as expected!) I also "managed" to rescue fabrics.  I took these photos yesterday, before I ironed/refolded them this morning.








And then, after I'd paid, I spotted this that I'd somehow missed.  



 While playing a game with Rob a few days ago, Lily had texted me how she appreciated all the wonderful kid games that encouraged thinking and logic from years ago.  This fabric mirrored one she'd listed - so I had no other choice but to buy it, right? 


Once home I turned on the TV and watched the closing arguments of the impeachment, the vote, and the some of the speeches afterward.  While the vote was pretty much a foregone conclusion, I still held on to hope for a different outcome - 



and of course was greatly saddened by the final tally.



Schumer's post-vote speech was wonderful - 


but McConnell's speech was beyond confusing.  He had voted not guilty, yet spoke on and on and on about how horrible Trump's actions were, implying that he should face criminal charges.  He basically 'reasoned' that he voted not guilty because the trial didn't take place until after tRump was out of office - but WHO had caused that to happen? 


Remember that McConnell admitted the mob that perpetrated the "failed insurrection" on January 6th "was provoked by President Trump."  You want another word for "provoke?" How about: "incite."


Since it doesn't appear so windy today maybe I can read poolside this afternoon.  In the meantime, until is warms up a little more, I plan to get some more sewing under my belt.  Yesterday I completed 5 more string blocks despite the "issues' that cropped up and necessitated ripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment