Friday, February 26, 2021

 I usually remember to turn off my phone when I retire for the night, but spaced it out last night - and paid for it with a 2 am text from Alex: Some of us are hitting the hot tub so don't be alarmed if you hear people.  At that hour it seemed like a good idea to take something (which I did, after a quick run to the bathroom) and thus fell back to sleep.


When I arose (around 6-ish this morning), Mr. & Mrs. Mallard were serenely paddling around in the pool- at least until Brownie noticed them. Of course once they were on his radar he felt it his duty to head out there to bark at them. 

Without the flash (which would just bounce off the window and create an even crappier photo) the shutter stays open longer, and obviously my hand just wasn't that steady...


but you get the idea.


Tom was not a happy camper 

when he appeared in the kitchen for coffee. 

First Alex & friends had awakened him in the middle of the night with their hot tub partying (which I never heard...) and then Brownie's barking at the mallards woke him earlier than necessary for his chauffeuring 'appointment'.  

So now all three of us are in the dog house this morning!


I am really looking forward to seeing podiatrist again today

 


to find out what's next on my (WAY too!) slow recovery agenda.




Seems like there are two basic options, either sticking with the "wait and see" approach to allow my old body yet more time to s-l-o-w-l-y heal, OR schedule an MRI (or other test) to make sure 'we' haven't missed something that needs to be addressed.  Guess which one I'm going to advocate for?



At this point we really need to rule out any problem that (once fixed?!) would help me along.
Not to be pushy, but I do so miss having the ability to walk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment