Wednesday, February 17, 2021

This afternoon I sewed four more string blocks while watching the Weather Channel's continuing coverage of the outrageous cold and storms elsewhere.  People are desperate to get warm since (as it has been pointed out) the temperature inside many homes approximates that of the inside of a refrigerator.  



Texas Republicans - "I will vote for a Democrat when Hell freezes over!"
Mother Nature - "DEAL!"



Incredibly Marilyn does not expect to regain power until 'sometime next week'!  Andy and Sandy have not (yet) lost power, but at least they have a generator in the event that does happen.  They installed one years ago after going without power for 4 days, though I think they've only had to use it once.


This afternoon I checked with The Other Quilt Shop to see if they carry the Dinky Dots fabric line, because I think I only have enough left to make another 8 blocks.  While it turns out that TOQS does stock it, unfortunately they are currently out of the black.  

Apparently the black sells out quickly whenever it does come in, and she has no idea when they will be getting some more.  So I may just end up ordering a yard on-line despite the disproportionate shipping costs.



Last night Tom and I watched the movie Hitchcock, about the making of Psycho, with Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren as the title couple.  It was actually quite interesting, and among other things I learned the movie was based on a book (of the same name) about Ed Gein, a psychotic mass murderer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment