Saturday, February 20, 2021

 The VOS quilting retreat is underway at the moment, though with fewer than the usual 32 attendees.  I passed on going this year ~

 though of course enjoyed it immensely in previous years, like last year when life was still normal!

BUT who thought we'd still be stuck at home a whole year later?


Thanks to Linda's e-mail yesterday I was able to Zoom the two show and tell sessions -

and will check in later today for more.  


Until watching yesterday I was unaware of the new venue, which looks lovely (and is a MAJOR upgrade from the old and dilapidated hotel where the retreat has been held in previous years.)  

AZ House of Creative Retreat

Even better, instead of being way on the other side of Phoenix it's incredibly close to here.

24246 N 43rd Ave, Glendale


 That is IF I was walking these days! 

In any event it would certainly be easy to pop home the five miles "if" <LOL!> it turned out that I'd  forgotten something.


Yesterday Brownie had bounded in through dog door particularly excited.  


I thought maybe Alex was about to appear (though I hadn't heard the gate open) but it turned out that Vera was here for a visit. There was certainly a lot of tailing wagging going on!


This morning I awoke at 5:20, thus getting an early start to my day.  That means at least there's a very good chance I can make progress on my paper pieced book blocks.  


On the other hand there's NO chance of tackling Alex's shredded pockets, because after dinner last evening he'd come over and picked up those jeans to wear last night. 


SAVED from that headache today at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment